Tage got a gorgeous sock monkey blanket in the mail today from my friend Bobbie Shae. She enclosed a thoughtful note and it brought tears to my eyes. Tage like his sock monkey blanket, and I don't blame him! Doesn't he look like sock monkey mouth here?
Next Tage's central line was removed... this is huge relief. It was located in his left groin (you can see in this picture just a gauze in the location) Yeah! So much easier to hold him now! He is giving us a little "fist pump!"
Which brings me to the fact that I was able to hold and feed Tage all day today. (No more pumping!!!) I even snuck into bed with him and cuddled for a bit. What a sweetie!
Keith came up with the kids after school and we had dinner together in the hospital room. I realize that I have not left the hospital to even go outsde in days... oh well. It actually has not seemed to bad. I might be getting a little ready now. Here is a picture of the whole family together.
Tage had a low grade fever today. It is slowily going down, but it made him look so pink/red this afternoon... I have never seen him sport this color before. So cute!
Here is a picture of Dad and Mom and Tage before Keith left for a sleepover at Uncle Mark's house.
They have been awesome to watch Travis(our dog) all week. Thank you!!!
The word in the PICU is that WE ARE GOING HOME TOMORROW!!! (Saturday) Tage is doing so well. And they are hoping to discharge him as soon as they get the ok from Dr. Sett. I am just happy for no more tubes/iv's and wires. A little nervous to have him home all by ourselves, but so happy. He is my little miracle boy!
I am just thinking as I sit here typing this, Tage 's room is directly across from the nurses station, which equals one thing... LOTS OF NOISE. That coupled with the fact that there are constant bells and chiming and alarms and squeezing blood pressure cuffs 24/7. Tage should be able to sleep through anything now!
One last thought, it has been really nice to skype my parents while we have been here at the hospital. I guess it is the first time anyone has... (at least that is wha the chief doctor of the floor says...) Here is a little sneek peak at the action!
So excited you get to go home today! I am amazed at how quickly our bodies can health from such a surgery! Will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteso excited to have you all home!!! Oh, emily - he is just precious. Love you guys
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures, Emily! And sooooo glad to hear that you're coming home really soon! :)Love you!
ReplyDelete