Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3: Tage loves his nurses!

Tage had a bit of a rough day today. I have seen him cry harder than ever before. While this is hard, I know it is good for him! He is exercising his lungs and working his newly fixed cardiovascular system! I slept in the hospital last night. Not the most comfortable bed... but I figured a way to make it more comfortable so I am more excited about sleeping tonight. We had a couple visitors today which is always nice. Both Amy and Aniece came from TP. It was so nice to have my school "family" come to visit. Thank you!!! Tage was finally able have some milk today. Yesterday he was so excited about a drink period. Today he decided to boycott the Pedialyte and hold out for milk. He got his wish around 7pm and was so happy afterwords!
He was also able to get one of his chest tubes out! Here is a picture of him right before they took the middle tube out.
Here is a closeup: You can see the pacing wires (very small) as well as the three drainage tubes. His opening on the chest looks great! Keith and I are really happy with it. (From what we can see through the steri strips!)
We have been so happy with Tage's nurses... THEY ARE GREAT! Lucky for us, they both were on the schedule for three nights in a row. This has been great for continuity. Sam is his hurse at night. She is very organized and likes to call Tage little pet names... so sweet!.
Myrve (pronounced murr (like frakenscence and myhrr) vee. She is the charge nurse on the PICU and has been at the hospital for some time. She is very professional and seems to never sit down.
It is now around midnight and I am so tired! I just snapped a picture of Tage... sleeping soundly!

3 comments:

  1. yeah for one less chest tube!!!! See you tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your updates. Hope that you have a great day--and that I get to see you later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he he doing well. I hope you are able to rest enough yourself. How long will he be in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete