Tage gained two kg yesterday in water weight... so he looked very swollen yesterday. He had a rough night as he was waking up and did not like being intibated (having a breathing tube down his throat) Around 11am they removed that. Here is a picture of the respiratory therapist "vaporizing" him after!
Keith had a nice conversation with him afterwords :)
He was so happy to have the breathing tube out that he fell asleep right away! So much more comfortable!!!
He was able to get his first drink by mouth as well. Unflavored Pedialyte... (YUK!!!) He drank it down so fast! Poor kid was so thirsty!
I managed to get Dr. Sett, Tage's suregeon, as well as David Volpe, the PA that was in surgery with him for a quick photo. Dr. Sett has been phenomenal... so caring. It is overwhelming to me that he was standing over and fixing my little boy's heart for nearly 8 hours and then stayed ALL NIGHT taking naps in his office so that he himself could check on Tage. I believe that he finally left a little after 11 am...(the morning AFTER Tage's surgery) He was here with Tage for about 27 hours... completely above and beyond. When he came to check on him in the afternoon (again) I asked for a picture. I could tell that he does not like having it taken... but he abliged! Dr. Sett on the left, David Volpe on the right. WE love them!
Cameron and Kiera came to visit yesterday as well. Mary Ann (Keith's mom)brought them. They were troopers and loved seeing their little bro. Kiera stood at his bedside and talked with him using sock monkey... so cute. "Sock monkey" even rubbed his head and cheek... very comforting.
Mark and Heather(Tucci) came to visit last night as well. It was great to have them down to see Tage. They brought me some shower items too, which is much appreciated!
Overall, a good day. Tage is making stady progress and the doctors and nurses are happy with his recovery so far. We are truly blessed!
Oh, Emily--so glad he's doing well! Can't wait for you to hold him either... Love you!
ReplyDelete~Gini :)
I am moved to tears because of how happy I am that he did so well and the wonderful care that God provided you and your family with such watchful doctors! Praise God Emily! I wish I could give you and Tage a big huge (Tage a little kiss) right now!
ReplyDeleteAw, Em. He's such a sweetie! We are so thankful that he's doing well and has been in such good hands. Praising God! Love you!!
ReplyDeletei'm so glad everything went well! we've been getting updates from scott whenever we see him but i'm glad i found your blog! we'll still be praying for you all as that sweet little guy recovers.
ReplyDeletelinnea and cam
Em- so happy to see that pacifier in his mouth:)!!!
ReplyDelete