
I have had a hard time describing the pain to people when they ask. First off, it is in my butt... which seems weird to say... "I have pain in my right butt cheek." I have been going to Physical Therapy for about a month, which has been good, but recently it seems as though the pain is just progressing and getting really bad. I was miserable on Tuesday. It took me about 15 minutes to get to my classroom, and once I was there I just sat so that I would not be in pain. After class I had to walk to the auditorium (across campus)and while walking a woman that I work with said to me that I looked "huge" and that I must be carrying "twins" or "triplets." (Why do people feel the need to be so rude?) By three o'clock I was in tears. I could not sit down without pain, stand up, walk, and forget going up and down stairs. I felt trapped. By ten, Keith had to literally carry me to bed. I had cried all afternoon and night and when I finally laid down for the night I was struck with fear at the fact that I would have to get up and go to the bathroom numerous times during the night. At this point I could not put any pressure on my leg whatsoever. It even hurt rolling from one side to the other. With all of this butt pain, my belly was another story. Each time I tried to put any weight on my leg my belly would get so tight, so by the time I finally laid down at night, I was having contractions and feeling so crampy. At that point I decided that I had to take something... becuase I was not going to sleep at this rate. So, I took one tylenol, and actually after some time fell asleep.
Here is a portion of an article about SI joint dysfunction.
Symptoms of SI Joint Dysfunction
Symptoms of SI joint dysfunction include a grabbing or stabbing sensation in the lower back near the buttock and base of the spine during weight bearing activities. Sometimes a vague pain can be felt down the thigh as well. Women may find they have trouble standing up from a chair or getting out of their car. The pain can also be felt while walking, especially so if climbing a hill or walking on an uneven surface. Stair climbing can also be very painful and almost impossible at times. During the night, the stabbing sensation can be felt if laying on one side too long or if trying to turn from one side to the other. Sometimes instability of the SI joints can also cause instability of the pubic symphysis, which is the joint in the uniting the right and left pelvic bones in the front of the pelvis. In this case, pain can seem to radiate to this area as well during weight bearing activities.
To read the full article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/552409/the_sacroiliac_joint_problems_with.html?cat=52
Yesterday morning I went to a Chiropracter, I went in limping in pain and left with not much of a limp. For most of the day I felt much better, however at 8pm I was back to being in excuciating pain. I hardly slept... I woke Keith up around 2am to ask him for medicine... I think I was able to finally sort of sleep around 4:30. This morning the pain is better. I am supposed to go back to the Chiropracter today... which I hope will make things better again this evening... agh! I just pray that at some point the pain can go away so I can feel a tad bit normal once again! I just keep on thinking... I have seven or eight weeks left... I don't think I can handle not being able to move for eight weeks... I would go crazy!
In other news, I have an ultrasound tomorrow... so I will have to update you all then!!!
Oh, Emily, so sorry that you had another hard night! Please let me know if you need help with anything--especially tomorrow--we'll be around all day. Love you!
ReplyDeletemaybe you're in pre-term labor like me! so sorry to hear you're in so much pain!
ReplyDeletepraying for you - call me if you need anything!!
ReplyDeletegotta love the things people vomit out of their mouths. I had my fair share of nasty pregnancy comments so I feel your pain, as well as the pain of your joints. I had similar pain, but not nearly as bad as you. Will say a prayer for you hun! Hey! I am going to Great America this weekend! Remember my horror story? If you don't I will have to send you a note on FB or something. It is one of my most embarrassing stories to tell. :)
ReplyDelete