Monday, April 12, 2010

25 weeks and four days... i think...


This past weekend my little brother Bryan and his wife Stacey came to visit. It was awesome to have them here! I even put him to work and had him "teach" my anatomy class! Instead of him guest lecturing on the reproductive system, (our current topic) I had him share his experiences as a nurse... in hopes that he could encourage a few of my students to go into the medical field. I have a feeling that his response to "what is the nastiest thing you have ever done at work?" may have turned them away (His response was having to change a sixteen year old's diaper blowout.) A lovely mental picture I must say!
On friday my brother and stacey accompianied me to the OB. It was a simple visit... the normal "weigh in" and heart beat. For the first time however the doctor measured my uterus. Upon doing so she said, "You are measuring perfectly at 30 weeks!" I of course I was like... um... but I am only 25 weeks... So she measured again, this time really pushing my uterus down what seemed like to my feet and got a measurement of 27.5 weeks. So, I have to go in now a little more frequently, for them to keep and eye on things... and then at 32 weeks I will have an ultrasound. Crazy stuff. I don't want to get too excited, but it would be nice to deliver before the 22nd of July!
The picture above is of my friend Sarah's little munchkin, Andrew. He is so adorable!!! I think he weighs almost six pounds ( I can't remember!!!) But he was born almost a month early. So fun to hold such a little one!!!

4 comments:

  1. Alright! another July baby! You are looking good Em. Jake is already 7 months old! Crazy! I have so many pregnant friends right now and it always seems like it goes by so fast when you aren't the one pregnant. Can't believe you are that far along already. For some reason I thought you were due in Oct. I have so many to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy news!!! I can't wait to talk to you. Love you Em & Baby Willard!!!! mmmwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and so happy!!! I love this blog! And miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete