I love this picture of Tage... I actually chose it for his birth announcement picture...
I have yet to blog about Tage's birth and heart condition... I sit down with good intentions and then time escapes me!
Tage was born with a heart defect, Tetrology of Fallow, which most simply for Tage means that his right and left ventricle are not separate (there is a whole bewteen them) This makes deoxygenated blood flow into the Right ventricle (where blood is oxygenated) and then together the blood flows to the lungs (with less oxygen than normal) That is the short of it... more explaination to come at a later date...
Fast forwarding until today, we saw Tage's pediatric cardiologist, Dr. Gewitz, had an echo done and met the office staff in Westchester. Tage's oxygen level has been around 98 at previous his visits... today it was 91. After his echo was read, it was determined that his pulmonary artery is narrowing (due to the fact that his right ventricle is thicking (because it is having to work too hard). The Dr. prescibed him a medication that essentially slows his heart rate down (making his heart work less hard) However, the side effect is that is will make him more sleepy/drowsy. I already feel like I have to wake him up to get him to eat... this may get interesting...
Tage has almost gained 2 pounds since birth. I guess that is pretty good! The Dr. still wants him to gain 2-5 more pounds before they do surgery. So, my job now is to just love on and pork up my sweet little boy!
em - praying all night for you guys. He is just precious. I hope that you three have a great time:)
ReplyDeleteSeriously ADORABLE!!! Also know that we are praying for you guys and LOVE YOU! Can't wait to hold him again! :)
ReplyDelete