Monday, June 21, 2010

field trip!


On Thursday I was able to accompany Cameron on his school field trip. We walked from the elementary school to the John Kane house, where George Washington lived for a few months during the Revolutionary War...



The historical society of Pawling did a great job with the students. Mr. Brockway, who used to be a 5th grade teacher with Keith, (now retired... but from what I hear he was a ledgend...) led the field trip and is shown below "training" the students for the Revolutionary War. Really cute... all the kids loved the drills and marching!
Overall, it was a great day, and I learned a lot about the little town that I live in! The coolest thing perhaps is that three people who have called Pawling home have been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest award for a civilian.) CBS new journalist Edward R. Murrow (1964), Radio broadcaster and author Lowell Thomas (1976), and Norman Vincent Peale, founder of Guidepost Magazine, and the Center for Christian Living in Pawling (1984). Overall, an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment