Tuesday, May 3, 2011

airline fun and a visit to oklahoma!

This weekend, Tager and I few to Oklahoma to be a part Angie Danner (now Woods) wedding. I had been looking forward to being with college friends for weeks and was really bummed when I woke up to storms on Thursday and the news that there were also tornado warnings in my area. Keith dropped Tage and I off and right away I knew things were bad. The lines were AWFUL in Newark... and I would miss my flight had I not known that it was delayed before getting to the airport. Unfortunately a twenty minute delay became a four hour delay and by this time I knew I would miss my connecting flight to Tulsa (from Houston) I was a mess. I couldn't get a hold of Keith because his phone was broken (ugh... Tage chewed on it and got it all wet!) So, I knew boarding my flight to Houston that I was going to be stuck there... so frustrating. Normally, a person with a child/children is asked to board a flight first, but this was not the case. I was the last one on the plane, and by that time there was no more room for overhead bags... they checked my bag and I ASSUMED that I would be getting it when I arrived in Houston... you know what they say about assuming... I was mad, frustrated and exhausted. Tage was out cold... the whole flight to Houston (3 1/2 hours) and through the whole fiasco of figuring out what I would do ALL NIGHT LONG. I ended up finding a hotel that still had room, so I took a shuttle there... (so creepy) and finally arrived around 1am to our room. My flight was at 7 am the next morning, so I needed to capatilize on my sleep! The next morning Tage was ready to go!
I was not... Upon arrival in Tulsa, a reality become clear... NO BAG...erg, hate that! Karen came to the rescue and scooped up tage and I. I was feeling gross and needed some supplies for my sweet one so we headed off to Walmart. I am happy to report that I picked up a pretty sweet shirt that summed up my trip thus far...Tage then got to meet sweet little Lucy... what a doll! He was quite taken with her. (I better watch out, this seems to be a reoccuring theme.
Tage was a sweet date for the rehearsal dinner as well... he sure loves eating necklaces!
We got back to the hotel and changed the kiddos into their pj's... again they LOVED hanging out. We fed them and then headed over to Angie's house so that I could start on the bouquets. (We also wanted to have a little last minute shower for Ang.) The kiddos finally fell asleep at Angie's house and from there we headed to the reception hall. We were allowed to decorate from 11pm - 1am, so there was not much time. We dipped 800 strawberries in chocolate, set up the whole room; with lights, lanterns, trees, centerpieces, cake table, drink tables, dessert tables, bistro tables etc. All while listening to music blaring and the kids slept through the whole thing! We got back to the hotel around 1:30am and fell fast asleep! Unfortunately I have NOT ONE PICTURE of the ceremony. (or the reception decorations...) I was busy finishing up flowers and getting ready to sing... so I have not one. I do have a few from the reception... here is the bride dancing to bieber's "Baby."
Angie with Tage after he woke up from his nap... again he was a little upset.
Tage experienced his first dance as well: during the mother/son dance... so sweet. Here is is dancing with Lucy I love how "into it" they both are... ha ha ha!
The college roomates: Jennie (now living in Florida)Karen (Ohio) Ang (Oklahoma) and me in NY... We realized this weekend that no one lives closer than 12 hours away... (yuk)
A quick shot with the bride... you were beautiful Ang!!!
Overall, it was a great weekend, exhausting but good. Tager and I were very ready to get back and see Keith/Dada after all that flying!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I wish I was still friends with my college roomies.You are lucky to have stayed so close to those girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, love the cross-eyed photo! :) Full weekend!! Glad to have you back! :)
    ~G

    ReplyDelete